Get Help

Get Safe
If you or someone you care about is in danger please call 911 to reach the police in your location.
Contact the UC Irvine CARE advocate to talk confidentially: 949-824-7273
CARE advocate infographic   CARE Advocate infographic

Support Options

Campus Assault
Resources & Education


Understand Your Options

Medical Options

The Student Health Center is available to provide on-campus medical attention to students who have experienced a sex offense. Faculty and Staff should contact their primary care providers.
Please note that if you disclose to a medical provider that you have been the victim of a sex offense, the medical provider is required by law to report the sex offense to the police.

Sexual Assault Exam

Commonly referred to as a “rape kit” or “rape exam,” the sexual assault forensic exam is conducted at only one facility in Orange County, Anaheim Regional Medical Center. This option is available for approximately 96 hours after a sexual assault has occurred.
To obtain a forensic exam contact a Victim Advocate through Waymakers on their 24 hotline:
Phone: 949-831-9110
Forensic exams can also be obtained by contacting the police.
Please go to RAINN for more information regarding Sexual Assault Forensic Exams.

Remedial Measures

The Office of Equal Opportunity and Diversity (OEOD) can assist in helping individuals obtain “no contact orders,” changes to work or class schedules, housing changes, safety escorts, academic assistance, counseling, healthcare, and other services.
OEOD Address: 103 MSTB, Irvine, CA, 92697
Phone: 949-824-5594

Confidential Reporting Resources

An individual who wishes for the details of an incident to remain completely confidential may speak with certain University officials who, must maintain confidentiality and may not disclose the details of an incident, except as authorized by the individual or required by law. These officials include: the Victim Advocate at CARE, Campus Social Workers, the Ombudsman, and the Counseling Center. Additionally, individuals may make a report to UCIPD and request to be treated as a “confidential victim.”

Reporting Options

UC Irvine Police
or Local Police +
Address: 410 E. Peltason Dr. Irvine, CA 92697
Phone: 949-824-5223 or 911

You may report sex offenses, including dating and domestic violence, sexual assault, and stalking, to the police. When the UC Irvine Police Department is contacted, an investigating officer trained in sex offense cases will be dispatched to the scene and will explain the police procedures, safety planning, and your reporting options.
Office of Equal Opportunity
and Diversity (OEOD) +
Address: 103 MSTB, Irvine, CA, 92697
Phone: 949-824-5594

You may request an administrative investigation from the UC Irvine Office of Equal Opportunity and Diversity (OEOD) whether or not a report has been filed with the police.

OEOD will perform administrative investigations of reports of sex offenses. In addition, OEOD can propose interim remedies for both parties, such as No Contact Orders, adjustments to on-campus housing assignments or class schedules, or alternative work arrangements for employees.

For more information visit FAQs: Get Help.